Upcoming Limited Release Sony Film SUPERCON to Screen at Julien Dubuque International Film Festival
Runde Auto Group is proud to be a driving force behind the Julien Dubuque International Film Festival. The 2018 festival is set for April 26-29 in downtown Dubuque. All films are free on Runde Free Day, Thursday, April 26. See you at the fest!
SUPERCON, a Sony film that will soon make its limited theatrical release, will be featured during a special screening at the seventh annual Julien Dubuque International Film Festival.
The event is set for 6:30 p.m. on Friday, April 27, at Five Flags Theater, 405 Main St. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and the cost is $10.
The 98-minute comedy stars Maggie Grace (Taken, Twilight: Breaking Dawn, The Scent of Rain & Lightening) Ryan Kwanten (True Blood, The Right Kind of Wrong, Legends of the Guardian), Mike Epps (Resident Evil, The Hangover, All About the Benjamins), Brooks Braselman (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies), Russell Peters (Source Code, Chef, The Jungle Book), Clancy Brown (Warcraft: The Beginning, Thor: Ragnarok, The Shawshank Redemption), and John Malkovich.
It tells the story of a rag-tag group of former TV stars and comic book artists who make their living working at conventions. They decide to steal the loot from a crooked promoter and an overbearing former TV icon. The film is rated R and isn’t suitable for younger audiences.
“This is a great opportunity to see this film before it is released and to meet members of the cast and crew,” said Susan Gorrell, executive director of the film festival. “The film will keep you laughing from start to finish.”
Tickets can be purchased at julienfilmfest.com, at the JDIFF box office in the Hotel Julien lobby starting April 25, or at the door. There will be a Q&A session with the director, writer, and cast members after the screening.
Cast and crew members who will be in attendance include:
- Brooks Braselman: voiceover actor known for Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies, and more.
- CariDee English: actress known for One Tree Hill, Gossip Girl, and more; winner of Season 8 of America’s Next Top Model.
- Tyrus: professional wrestler, Tyrus with Impact Wrestling and Brodus Clay with WWE. He is currently a political commentator on The Greg Gutfeld Show on Fox News
- Zak Knutson, director/writer: directed feature documentary Millius, followed by the ESPN documentary Shock The World; along with two critically acclaimed documentaries for Marvel Studios and ABC Television – Marvel’s 75 Years: From Pulp to Pop, and Marvel’s Captain America: 75 Heroic years.
- Dana Snyder, writer/ voiceover actor: Roles include Master Shake in Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Dr. Colossal in The Thundermans, Granny in Squidbillies, Fat Paul in Dallas & Robo and more.
- Andy Sipes, writer: known for Code Monkeys, Archer, Dallas & Robo and more.
The Julien Dubuque International Film Festival, April 26-29 in downtown Dubuque, will feature about 115 documentaries, features, and shorts that were selected from more than 700 submissions from over 40 countries. Filmmakers will be in attendance from all over the world.
For updates and more information, visit julienfilmfest.com or download the Julien Dubuque Film Festival app.