New Ford F-150 with Aluminum! Specs, Features & More!
Combining Military Strength Aluminum Alloy and High Strength Steel is the winning formula behind Ford’s New Ford F-150. The bold new approach to truck production promises to be stronger than previous F-150 models resulting in a truck that produces efficiency without compromise.
So where’s all the aluminum located in the truck you might ask? According to ford, the body panels and cab walls, one unstressed cross-member in the frame and various internal parts. The rest of the frame is steel, mostly high-strength steel.
Ford is currently offering 3 engine variations:
New 3.5L V6 Ti-VCT FFV
Delivers 283 horsepower and 255 lb.-ft. of torque for a max payload of 1,910 lbs. and max towing capacity of 7,600. The “Ti-VCT” is short for Twin independent variable camshaft timing. This feature automatically adjusts intake and exhaust for enhanced efficiency.
325 horsepower and 375 lb.-ft. of torque. Max payload 2,250 lbs. and 8,500-lb. max towing. The Ecoboost technology promises to delivers the kind of power you’d expect from a V8 with the efficiency of a V6.
5.0L v8 FFV
The powerhouse of the group and likely the most popular for new Ford F-150 future owners. Horsepower and Torque yet to be determined but the eight-cylinder has a twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT), variable valve overlap, and is flex-fuel capable.
- adaptive cruise control and forward collision warning with brake support
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
- lane-keeping assist
- 360-Degree Camera System
- Reverse Sensing System
- active park assist
- BLIS with cross-traffic alert
- LED headlamps, LED puddle lamps, LED spotlights, LED box lighting, ambient lighting
- Remote Start System
- remote tailgate release
- 110v/400w inverter outlets (up to two)
- SYNC with MyFord (4.2-inch LCD screen in center stack) OR SYNC with MyFord Touch® (8-inch touch screen in center stack, navigation available)
- 8-inch productivity screen (located in the instrument cluster) with available off-road screen
- inflatable rear safety belts
- power-deplorable running boards
- auto high beams, rain-sensing windshield wipers, SecuriCode keyless entry keypad and power-adjustable pedals.
Fuel Efficiency for the new Ford F-150 has not been determined as of yet. The vehicle will be available towards the end of the year. Keep an eye out at our Ford Store in Manchester, IA to go on a test drive when they become available!